Join the UCEC Team: We're Hiring!
A UCEC control panel is created by a team known for its dedicated approach to high-quality custom panel fabrication. Our highly-skilled craftsmen consistently deliver exceptional service, design, quality and value.
We're hiring Control Panel Craftsmen in our Arvada, CO panel shop. To apply for the open positions, please send a cover letter and resume to John Beattie (john AT ucec DOT com). UCEC offers a generous paid time off (PTO) policy and 100% employee health coverage. We are willing to train the right candidates in our apprentice-style program.
Pro Tip: Want to get a leg up on the competition? Check out VP of Business Operations Evan Coulter's blog post about what we're looking for in applicants.
Description of the Open Position
The ideal Control Panel Craftsman must be able to read and understand electrical schematics typically associated with industrial machinery, PLC, Drives and Relays. He or she must be able to perform other tasks based on verbal instructions. The Control Panel Craftsman will perform all the work necessary to transform an empty sheet metal cabinet into a functioning industrial control panel. Tasks involve placement and mounting of electrical components in cabinets, electrical connections, wiring, harness makeup and installation. This position requires a basic understanding of electricity/electronics and the ability to read/work from schematics with close attention to detail, manual dexterity and craftsmanship. The ideal candidate will be capable of reading schematics using multi-meter and troubleshooting relay logic.
· Measure, cut and assemble wiring according to schematics.
· Layout and mounting of internal components and point-to-point wiring from detailed schematics. Cut-out enclosures to layout drawings.
· Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
· Wire control panels from prints. (Check out this blog post to see what wiring looks like.)
Helpful, but Not Required:
· Two years experience in building & wiring control panels, wiring PLC’s and relays.
· Know how to read wiring schematics.
· Candidate should have a willingness to learn and be trained.
· Candidate must be able to understand and use testing equipment, basic hand tools and basic power tools.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience in loop checks, pneumatic tubing, instrument calibration and troubleshooting are a plus.
· Knowledge of NEC and UL Code is a big plus but not required.
Still need more information? Check out our video, "A Day in the Life of UCEC" to see what we do in our Arvada, CO manufacturing shop.